NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC) covers how to effectively manage health and safety, and how to identify, reduce and control the key hazards in every kind of workplace. Risk assessment is central to the IGC qualification making sure it reflects the real-life roles people perform.
It’s designed to reflect the needs of today’s employer giving learners everything they need to know and do to make their workplace safer.
Who’s it for?
- Relevant to every workplace
- Ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety management responsibilities
- Perfect for those who want to develop a health and safety career with a valuable, globally respected qualification from NEBOSH
The benefits of NEBOSH qualification:
You will be able to:
• justify the need for health and safety improvements;
• advise on duties for health and safety in the workplace;
• help your organisation to manage contractors;
• work within a health and safety management system;
• positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
• carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace;
• recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts;
• develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
• take part in incident investigations;
• help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review.
It can help to:
- Minimise workplace injuries and illness
- Boost employee wellbeing
- Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety, which can help win business
- Strengthen your health and safety culture
- Ensure your organisation has valuable in-house health and safety expertise
Unit IG1: Management of Health & Safety
• Why we should manage workplace health and safety
• How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
• Managing risk - understanding people and processes
• Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
• Physical and psychological health
• Musculoskeletal health
• Chemical and biological agents
• General workplace issues
• Work equipment
• Unit IG1 is assessed by online open book examination.
• Unit iG2 is assessed by a practical assessment carried out in your workplace
Both assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
Unit IG1: 45 marks
Unit IG2: Pass
A ‘Pass’ must be achieved in both units to achieve the International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
The qualification grade is based on the result from Unit IG1
75 marks or higher
65 – 74 marks
45 – 64 marks
Course Key Facts
Duration: 12 days (training + exams)
Language: Russian/ English
Cost: Includes comprehensive course materials, NEBOSH exam fees & Certificate
Certification: NEBOSH Int’l Certificate
To be provided by request
For booking and questions please contact:
Tel: 8 (7172) 646 111
+7 701 981 34 38