IEMA Approved Associate certificate course in Environmental Management (UK)
This course is delivered in partnership with Astutis (UK).
The IEMA is a professional body for practitioners involved in environmental management and assessment. The Institute supports members by providing recognition of knowledge and skills through professional qualifications and through provision of the membership services, including IEMA Approved Training Courses.
The Institute’s aim is to promote the goal of sustainable development through improved environmental practice and performance. One of the ways in which this goal is delivered is through the provision of a range of high quality training courses to equip members with environmental knowledge and skills to make a practical difference in the workplace.
This course ensures that people in positions of responsibility appreciate the environmental issues relating to their working processes and develop an understanding of how to manage them. It covers the management of environmental issues, legal requirements, water, air, land and environmental management issues and controls.
Who the Course is For
This nationally accredited course has been designed for people who have either a responsibility for or general interest in environmental issues and their management and their implications for their organisation.
- To understand the issues, science and philosophy that underpins environmental sustainability.
- Identify ways to incorporate environmental issues into the management of an organisation.
- To identify relevant legislation for an organisation and take steps towards ensuring compliance.
- To understand the role of various analytical and managerial tools and the assessment, interpretation and management of environmental performance.
- To understand the key elements of an environmental management system.
The Certificate in Environmental Management comprises 3 core modules:
1. Environmental Sustainability
- Earth’s Natural Resources and Capabilities
- Business and Environment
- Waste Reduction
- Effects of Escapes and Releases
- Pollution Prevention and Control
- Towards Sustainability
2. Environmental Legislation
- national, European and
- National Legislation
- Instruments for change
- Enforcing Authorities
- Controls on Emissions to the Atmosphere
- Controls on Discharges to the Water Environment
- Controls on the Management of Contained Waste
- Issues relating to Contaminated Land
- Storage of Hazardous Materials
- Producer Responsibility
3. Assessment, Interpretation and Management of Environmental Performance
- Environmental Management Systems Benefits
- Environmental Management Systems Initial Review
- Environmental Audit
- Identification and assessment of Environmental Impacts
- Environmental Communication
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Risk Assessment
Successful completion of the course and passing the exam lead to Associate Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management (IEMA) and getting International Certificate.
Course Key Facts
Location: Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
Duration: 15 days
Cost: includes comprehensive course materials, IEMA exam fees, Certificate, translation of exam works, interpretation, 2 coffee breaks and lunch.
Certification: IEMA Int’l Certificate
To be provided by request.
For booking and questions please contact:
Tel: 8 (7172) 646 111
+7 701 981 34 38
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org