NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
This course is delivered in partnership with NEBOSH approved provider Astutis (UK).
Only in English.
The New NEBOSH International Diploma, a unique professional qualification in health & safety, aims to provide the knowledge & understanding that underpins competent performance as an Occupational Health & Safety Professional. It is a structured route to progress your career in health & safety comprised of 4 units. On successful completion of the International Diploma and registration for the Initial Professional Development (IPD) the designatory letters GradIOSH can be used. CMIOSH which is chartered status is gained after successful completion of 2 years Initial Professional Development skills based portfolio and undertake a professional review interview. It also provides a foundation for progression to the MSc.
Who the Course is For
The International Diploma is designed for individuals who want to progress their career in health & safety & develop more in-depth knowledge & skills aiming to become health & safety practitioners.
After successfully completing the course the delegate will:
- Be able to provide detailed advice for health & safety issues in line with best practice, international standards & HSE guidance.
- Be able to assist the organisation in continual health & safety management and control measures.
- Have a broad range of detailed knowledge & the application of key health & safety issues.
- Have a sound basis for progression to an MSc or more specialist study
- Gain GradIOSH designatory letters can be used once enrolment for a period of Initial Professional Development (IPD) is completed.
- Attain CMIOSH - chartered status is gained after successful completion of a minimum of 2 years of Initial Professional Development during which they will develop a skills based portfolio and undertake a professional review interview, subject to approval by the Privy Council.
The assessment consists of three 3-hour exams for Units A, B & C & a workplace-based assignment for Unit D. All are set & marked by NEBOSH
Unit A: Managing Health & Safety
A1 Principles of health and safety management
A2 Loss causation and prevention in the workplace
A3 Identifying hazards, assessing and evaluating risk
A4 Systems approach for controlling risk
A5 Organizational factors
A6 Human factors
A7 Regulatory health & safety
A10 Measuring health and safety performance
Unit B: Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
B1 General aspects of occupational health and hygiene
B2 Principles of Toxicology and Epidemiology
B3 Chemical Agents – Evaluating Risk
B4 Hazardous Substances – Preventative & Protective Measures
B5 Hazardous Substances – Monitoring & Maintenance of Control Measures
B6 Biological Agents
B7 Physical Agents (1) – Noise and Vibration
B8 Physical Agents (2) – Radiation and Thermal
B9 Psycho-social Agents
B10 Ergonomic agents
Unit C: Workplace & Work Equipment
C1 General Workplace issues
C2 Principles of fire and explosion
C3 Workplace fire risk assessment
C4The storage, handling & processing of dangerous substances
C5 Work equipment
C6 Machinery safety
C7 Mechanical handling
C8 Electrical safety
C9 Safety in construction and demolition
C10 Environmental pollution and waste management
Unit D: Application of Health & Safety Theory & Practice
Delegates are required to make a detailed review of the health & safety
performance of a workplace or organization and produce a justified action
plan to improve performance.
The expected length of the assignment is around 8000 words.